Strike Force Heroes 3 is an awesome side scrolling shooter action game developed by Sky9 Games and published on Armor Games and Not Doppler. It is the third major game in Strike Force Heroes series. It was released on June 24th 2015.
The game follows the classic side scrolling action games of the past but combines with modern graphics, sound, and physics that makes a winning combination.
Strike Force Heroes 2 starts 01 year after the 1st event. After GlobeX was defeated and their clone troopers’ signal shut down, The Scientist some how turned the signal which powered clones back again and created the army of clones that took over the world, blaming the responsibility to Strike Force Heroes (SFH). Back in the SFH base in South America, Wesley, the only hero who was not captured by GlobeX, recruits Sanchez, the Gunslinger, and continues recruiting until SFH army grows enough to defeat the clones.
Through the campaign the SFH fight against many soldiers in different locations and also against the Delta team of Strike Force Heroes and Next Generation heroes. Even though later on, the clone army that spread all over the world was defeated, GlobeX was still active and the SFH had no idea who was the leader and where did the signal come from.
Strike Force Heroes 3 is a 2D platform game played on maps with total 60 missions and side quests (in Campaign mode). After each mission the player will get a reward which is either a new weapon, blueprint for making weapons, funds or a new soldier class.
Before going into a battle, the player chooses squad of 4 soldiers and a captain. Recruiting system is new in the SFH series. The player will start with one soldier, but unlock classes progressing throughout the campaign. Each day a new hero can be recruited (names and classes are generated randomly). As player levels up, cost of new heroes will grow.
The player can change heroes before going into battle. Heroes that fight too many battles in a row may become tired. There are three conditions of soldiers when they aren’t in normal condition:
TIRED – Heroes that fight many battles in a row become tired and have -20% stats.
INJURED – When tired heroes fight too many battles, they get injured and have -50% stats.
CRITICAL – When injured heroes fight many battles, they finally become critical. It reduces 99% stats of the hero. Each battle you complete will progress the game by 1 day and slightly heal all heroes that weren’t in battle.
Heroes get experience and level upevery day, level 30 is the max. There are 7 battle modes, including:
- TeamDeathmatch – Two teams fight for victory and the team which gets the maximum kills first wins.
- Deathmatch – There are no teams and this battle can be played with only one soldier. The captain of the team fights against other enemies and no one is allied. The person who reaches a certain amount of kills first wins.
- CapturetheFlag – Each team has its flags (bags) which they need to defend. Points are scored when a team member delivers the flag to the position of the other. When a soldier carries a flag he/she can’t use the primary weapon.
- Domination – There are three points in the map. When one of the players’ soldiers captures the point it starts lighting blue and player’s team starts getting points. If all points are captured the enemy will stop getting points.
- OneManArmy–this mode is played with one soldier who must kill the One Man Army (a soldier who is bigger and glows red) to become the One Man Army, and then continue killing everybody else on the map to get points.
- GunGame – Played with one soldier. The player starts with a weak weapon and gets better weapon by scoring kills.
- TeamGunGame – Just like the gun game, except it is played in teams up to 5 soldiers. When a soldier kills an enemy, everybody else from their team will get a new weapon.
After each battle you will get some funds to buy weapons, upgrade them (but note that the chances of failure increase as current level of the upgrade increases), recruit heroes, or spin slot machine in the shop to get rewards. You could also go to the workshop and build any weapon for your own using blueprints, there are 60 blueprints in game. That weapon will start appearing in shop or slot machines.
Max level of your soldiers is 30, but weapons can go to level 31. To use level 31 weapons, upgrade the weapon in workshop and instead it will be downgraded to the lower level. There are 6 weapon conditions: Broken, Normal, Refined, Flawless, Custom and Prototype. Prototype are level 0 and 1 weapons. Custom weapons are unique, golden weapons.
The game is played on a PC so that means that players will have to use a keyboard for movement. The traditional keys: W, A, S, D, as well as the Q key and other selected keys as the game unfolds for perks. Players will need to use a mouse as well as the ability to face left, right, up and fire in all directions is based upon the mouse to move the position of the gun and the mouse buttons to fire and reload.
Players can also use the arrow keys in order to navigate the maps which involve lots of jumping and ducking and cover multiple levels.
Strike Force Heroes 3 did won Game of the Year 2015 on Armor Games in shooting category, just like other games in the series. It has rating 88 on Armor Games and over 2.5 million plays. This game is fun and challenging that offers plenty of great things for fans of action games and who love to have a bit of retro gameplay as well.